La Bouche Issue 7 Out Now
We present ’Inside Out’ is a collection of work by prison artists, artists with disabilities and unemployed artists. War on Want remind us of those barricaded away in Palestine with their article ‘Alicia Keys don’t play into oppression”. We catch up with new wave quartet Bo Ningen and you gotta check out ‘Inside the Elephant’ by Niall McDevitt, a 'concrete' poem inspired by the Heygate Estate evictions. Quilla Constance takes us behind the scenes of 'Vajazzled' and re-DISCO-ver disco with our brand new disco critic.
News: La Bouche are in LOVE magazine as one of Teal Trigg's (author of the recent Thames&Hudson book 'Fanzines') TOP ten, most favourite EVER zines. She says bout da bouche "There is a genuine honesty to the writing and its graphic presentation in this alternative news and culture zine that ...appears both in print and online. I simply like the approach and the interviews – comedy terrorist Aaron Barshack or the Fall’s keyboard player, Elena Poulou are not the usual celebrity suspects."
Find La Bouche here:
- Pete Doherty Exclusive - Spontaneous poetry, Interview plus Live review
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with The Fall's Elena Poulou
- Aaron Baarshack - we talk Stalin, Comedy and gatecrashing Windsor with the self-dubbed Prophetic Comedy Terrorist
- In an Ideal World by John Pilger
- War on Want report on Stopping Supermarket Power