La Bouche is a London-based alternative news and culture publication and is all about:
* Having a natter with inspirational people who think outside the box and have something to say..
* Spreading the word from the underground art, music, poetry n party scene
* Speaking out n having a rant
We are published both online and as a zine, which you can purchase online and from the ICA, The South London Gallery, SoHo Books, Wardour News, Charlotte Street News and ArtWords (Broadway Market). Over the past year you have found us rocking out at Rough Trade East, The ICA, Mick Jones' Rock n Roll Book Fair, Hackney Wicked and at our wild art parties - look out for us at more events.
"What I like about La Bouche first of all is that it looks and feels like a zine rather than a vanity project, plus they're not afraid to be genuinely critical. I don't know why it should seem like such a novelty to read the work of writers who can actually write, and who are motivated by a genuine interest in their subject, but La Bouche manages a good mix of art and politics, of information and critique." The ICA on their first ever 'Zine of the Month' La Bouche.
""There is a genuine honesty to the writing and its graphic presentation in this alternative news and culture zine that ...appears both in print and online. I simply like the approach and the interviews – comedy terrorist Aaron Barshack or the Fall’s keyboard player, Elena Poulou are not the usual celebrity suspects." Teal Trigg's (author of the recent Thames & Hudson book 'Fanzines') talking about her TOP ten, most favourite EVER zines to LOVE magazine.
Find La Bouche here:
- Pete Doherty Exclusive - Spontaneous poetry, Interview plus Live review
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with The Fall's Elena Poulou
- Aaron Baarshack - we talk Stalin, Comedy and gatecrashing Windsor with the self-dubbed Prophetic Comedy Terrorist
- In an Ideal World by John Pilger
- War on Want report on Stopping Supermarket Power