Issue Two Big Government...
In this issue...
Milan Rai is co-editor of Peace News, the radical London-based monthly; his anarchist ideals have been shaped by 25 years of activism and writing (Chomsky's Politics; War Plan Iraq; Regime Unchanged; 7/7: The London Bombings, Islam and the Iraq War).
Brighton based art collective Blast Theory are at the 53rd Venice Biennale and they'd better make sure they didn't forget to pack their 20 pairs of sunglasses, 20 mobile phones or flat-packed interrogation unit!
As Rose Mouton makes her way through London she counts how many times her movements are being tracked 'I couldn't help but wonder what is all this surveillance for anyway? Why should big brother care what little old me is doing with my 24/7?'
We discuss Naomi Klien's article about the 'golden sheild' in Shizan, 'the crack-cocaine'of Capitalism and how it's making private companies very rich..
"It's a social experiment, really" says Canadian Subway Gallery owner and artist Robert Gordon Mcharg III, referring to his little and luminous art gallery situated in an underground kiosk in Edgware Road.
Buy La Bouche
- Pete Doherty Exclusive - Spontaneous poetry, Interview plus Live review
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with The Fall's Elena Poulou
- Aaron Baarshack - we talk Stalin, Comedy and gatecrashing Windsor with the self-dubbed Prophetic Comedy Terrorist
- In an Ideal World by John Pilger
- War on Want report on Stopping Supermarket Power